LOS ANGELES, California - Actress Demi Moore’s frequent postings on Twitter put her in the middle of a life-and-death drama Friday when a woman sent her an online message threatening suicide.
Moore, who was in southern France where her husband, actor Ashton Kutcher, is filming a movie, quickly replied to the threat saying, “Hope you are joking.”
Twitter followers who saw the message tracked it to a San Jose, California, home, where police found a 48-year-old woman. The police took her into custody for a psychological evaluation, according to a police spokesman.
About two hours after the initial exchange, Moore posted this message — known as a “tweet” — on Twitter: “Thanks everyone for reaching out to the San Jose PD i am told they are aware and no need to call anymore. I do not know this woman.”
A San Jose police spokesman said a “concerned citizen” — not Moore or Kutcher — called his department at 4:37 a.m. to report seeing the threat on Twitter.
Police went to the residence that the caller provided and found the woman unharmed but in need of help, Sgt. Ronnie Lopez said.
“We determined she did meet the criteria for a 72-hour psychological evaluation, and she was taken to a hospital for that treatment,” Lopez said.
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeLeading the Social Selling movement by helping companies implement strategies that drive results. I've been leading social marketing and content strategies for the past several years.
- The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Influencer Marketing 101
- Creating a Backlog of Content Marketing Ideas
- #SocialHangout From Battlefield to Boardroom
- The Best of SocialBiz Hour #SbizHour
- Building a Social Empire
- Social Selling Education 101
- Why I Started Social Selling
- #ContentMarketing Highlights for the week.
- The New #SocialSelling Index Makes Success More Predictable
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Jose Sanchez on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Social Sensi (@socialsensi) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Millennial Creative (@MilenialCreativ) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Nimble (@Nimble) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- @1tanctil on Influencer Marketing 101
- @DASocialmedia on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- @barbaragiamanco on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- @micadam on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Dan Evans (@evansdanielj) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders