I am always amused when people talk about the value of Facebook in B2B and that it can’t generate leads. I think it just comes down to marketing professionals not knowing how to leverage the network in a way that can yield results.
Facebook’s site says they have one billion monthly active users as of October 2012. It would just seem like a no-brainer that there are business leads to be found here and it’s just a metter of finding a way to get in front of them.
What’s been working for us is using the InsideView fan page as a way to deliver content and find new conversations. Of course this also gets the fan page new fans that engage with the page but if all your interested in are new leads then this is a great way to go about it.
InsideView has become a content machine turning out 1-3 papers a month covering everything from Social Selling Lead Qualification, Using Twitter for Sales and more. Besides just sending all of these papers out through traditional channels and relying on Twitter (which yields too) we built a plan around generating leads on Facebook by creating links to the content directly from our fan page.
We know it works because all of the content links are associated to a Facebook campaign that we can track in our CRM. A week after executing this plan we are already seeing new leads and better yet, new qualified leads that are scored through our Marketing Automation platform Marketo.
Speaking of Marketo, Jason Miller just published an article that talks about their success. Does Facebook generate B2B sales leads?
I’ve talked with some companies being successful with B2B campaigns on Facebook and one is generating over $50,000 a QTR with about a $2.00 cost per lead. That’s an example of a positive ROI on social media.
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeLeading the Social Selling movement by helping companies implement strategies that drive results. I've been leading social marketing and content strategies for the past several years.
- Creating a Backlog of Content Marketing Ideas
- #SocialHangout From Battlefield to Boardroom
- The Best of SocialBiz Hour #SbizHour
- Building a Social Empire
- Social Selling Education 101
- Why I Started Social Selling
- #ContentMarketing Highlights for the week.
- The New #SocialSelling Index Makes Success More Predictable
- Content Marketing Resources
- Highlights from LinkedIn’s GSK
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on Social Selling Education 101
- Social Marketing (@socialhelp) on How I do it : Bulk URL shortening for #socialmedia updates
- Social Sensi (@socialsensi) on How I do it : Bulk URL shortening for #socialmedia updates
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on Creating a Backlog of Content Marketing Ideas
- Social Sensi (@socialsensi) on A Discussion about Social Selling with Dan McDade
- Sean_Patrick (@sales_toolsUK) on The New #SocialSelling Index Makes Success More Predictable
- Social Marketing (@socialhelp) on Top Social Media Updates from Dreamforce 2013
- Social Sensi (@socialsensi) on A new voice for B2B Sales and Social Selling
- Social Marketing (@socialhelp) on A Week in Review – Happy Memorial Day
- Inside Sales Tips (@salestools) on Why I Started Social Selling