I am on Twitter a lot. I’m searching, tweeting on one of my few accounts, digging through other peoples lists and reading through hundreds of profiles a week. Thankfully I get paid for it or Twitter would have been my undoing. When putting together the Corporate Social Media Reading List, one of the continuous directives in most of the links was to use a dashboard or application as a tool. The other was to invest some energy to learn a Social Media Monitoring Tool. There are many applications that help people use Twitter like CoTweet (Which I used a lot before) and TweetDeck, they all have the same basic funtionality but there are a few things about HootSuite that sold me.
- HootSuite makes sending updates across several accounts and social applications easy. From Twitter to Facebook and Foursquare to name a few. I can update one or all at the same time.
- Facebook page insights is built into HootSuite. You have to be a pro user but the layout of data is clean and it provides overall information.
- HootSuite shows Klout. This is a big one for me because I’m able to identify major influencers on specific subjects. Being able to filter updates based on Klout is a huge plus!
- Built in twitter analytics using the ow.ly shortener makes running my reports simple.
- The ability to import RSS feeds eliminated my use of another application called Twitterfeed.
- One thing I am excited for is the ability to update Salesforce Chatter which should be available soon. (maybe I’ll get a sneak peek at it.)
I’m interested to know what Twitter clients you use and why you like them so much? Maybe I’ll have to update this post if I’m pulled to another application.
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeLeading the Social Selling movement by helping companies implement strategies that drive results. I've been leading social marketing and content strategies for the past several years.
- The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Influencer Marketing 101
- Creating a Backlog of Content Marketing Ideas
- #SocialHangout From Battlefield to Boardroom
- The Best of SocialBiz Hour #SbizHour
- Building a Social Empire
- Social Selling Education 101
- Why I Started Social Selling
- #ContentMarketing Highlights for the week.
- The New #SocialSelling Index Makes Success More Predictable
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Jose Sanchez on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Social Sensi (@socialsensi) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Millennial Creative (@MilenialCreativ) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Nimble (@Nimble) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- @1tanctil on Influencer Marketing 101
- @DASocialmedia on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- @barbaragiamanco on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- @micadam on The Rise of the Do-Leaders
- Dan Evans (@evansdanielj) on The Rise of the Do-Leaders