One thing I have noticed over the past year is an increase in the number of people adding some variation of “Social Selling Expert” in their LinkedIn profiles or creating a website that has this highlighted. I don’t presume to think I should know who all of them are but there are a few that I’ve dug a little deeper into and found very little evidence that they are experts or have contributed much in the domain of Social Selling. So I am wondering if social selling is just being used as a buzz word or something different than my interpretation.
I thought I’d bring the question to Twitter and see if anyone had insights to this. There were many people that had comments about the rise in numbers. Do you agree with them?
What do you think?
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeLeading the Social Selling movement by helping companies implement strategies that drive results. I've been leading social marketing and content strategies for the past several years.
- The Best of SocialBiz Hour #SbizHour
- Building a Social Empire
- Social Selling Education 101
- Why I Started Social Selling
- #ContentMarketing Highlights for the week.
- The New #SocialSelling Index Makes Success More Predictable
- Content Marketing Resources
- Highlights from LinkedIn’s GSK
- A collection of #SocialSelling posts for the week
- Content Marketing Posts You Should Read
- A. Wikilith (@AliceWikilith) on The Best of SocialBiz Hour #SbizHour
- iNavegarTechnologies (@iNavegar) on The Best of SocialBiz Hour #SbizHour
- B2B Sales Tips (@b2bsales) on The Best of SocialBiz Hour #SbizHour
- Juanita O (@JuanitaOonoodle) on Building a Social Empire
- Sean_Patrick (@sales_toolsUK) on Building a Social Empire
- Mahesh Kumar (@Maheshkjois) on Social Selling Education 101
- @c_leveled on Social Selling Education 101
- @digitmonster on Building a Social Empire
- BrooklynWikinti (@BrooklynWikinti) on Building a Social Empire
- Everett E (@EverettEdgeclub) on Building a Social Empire