Businesses that embrace social customer relations management generate more traffic due to enhanced communication strategies. A good social crm helps businesses improve their customer engagement and interactions. The increased traffic requires good communication systems in order to meet their demands. It is estimated that only about 25% of organizations, which have purchased marketing automation systems are utilizing them optimally. When automated systems are used in managing business leads, they not only help in creating, nurturing, assimilating, and maturing leads, but also reducing recession of the leads.
Below are five ways in which businesses can use automated marketing systems in social customer relations management and leads conversion;
Gather leads information
Automated marketing systems ensure that the traffic profile data and information is gathered such as address, company, occupation, gender, age, and name. This information is essential as it helps in understanding the demographic aspects of the traffic. It also provides essential details for any follow ups on leads to transform them into sales.
Classify and categorize the traffic
Businesses are using traffic analytics and reporting tools to help in classifying their data. Through these automated analytics tools, they are able to capture information about the traffic and further analyze it in different demographic attributes such as location of the traffic and the different age groups. This information is useful in applying targeted marketing campaigns.
Assist in lead follow up
With statistics showing that 80% of leads do not receive follow ups, this means that businesses may be losing traffic, which could easily be turned into sales. Businesses need to understand the “lead development process” by examining and defining the customer life cycle. Today, the customer life cycle has become complex and it is estimated that 80% of all sales are made on the 5th-12th contact with the lead. About 15 years ago, it took only the 2nd -4th contact before a sale was concluded.
This change in the customer life cycle requires enhanced interaction right from the lead generation stage through to lead assimilation stage. Automated marketing systems enable sales professionals to carry out traffic analysis and data mining, which helps in reaching out to the leads that haven’t been converted to sales. A follow up is required to help influence the lead to make a buying decision.
Autoresponders are automatic responses, which are designed to answer to any inquiries that are posed by the clients. Considering the large number of traffic that businesses receive, these automated responders help in providing replies to queries that are raised by the clients. This creates an efficient feedback system thus clients feel that their needs are addressed fast. Businesses can respond to emails in a personalized way such as by name, and address the needs of every lead individually.
Automated payment systems
Through creation of shopping carts, this improves the purchasing process often being able to support a large clientele base. These shopping carts allow easy and fast purchasing procedure of goods and services and this streamlines the buying process.
In essence, there are many benefits of using automated social customer relations management systems and businesses need to invest in these software applications to help generate leads, mature the leads and reduce any loss of the customers to competitors.
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeJust a guy having fun with the internet. Learning ways to leverage social media to drive leads and revenue for B2B. Always looking for new ideas and engaging with other social marketers.
- It was an Epic Social Selling SalesforceLive Broadcast
- The Evolution of Social Selling
- Should Sales Professionals Be Blogging?
- Social Selling Video Series with Joanne Black.
- Everything You Want to Know About How to Create an Amazing #LinkedIn Profile
- Speaking: @Salesforce LIVE Using social connections to turn prospects into customers.
- The House of Cards inMap Infographic
- Speaking at @insidesales IS Accelerate #ISA14
- New video: The Art of Social Selling
- #OriginalContent with @GetScripted and @DanaBrunetti
- Koka Sexton (@kokasexton) on It was an Epic Social Selling SalesforceLive Broadcast
- Social Selling News (@socialselling) on It was an Epic Social Selling SalesforceLive Broadcast
- @ajenkins on It was an Epic Social Selling SalesforceLive Broadcast
- @Malarchuck on Should Sales Professionals Be Blogging?
- iNavegarTechnologies (@iNavegar) on The Evolution of Social Selling
- @ajenkins on The Evolution of Social Selling
- @aScratchyThroat on Should Sales Professionals Be Blogging?
- B2B Sales Tips (@b2bsales) on Should Sales Professionals Be Blogging?
- @Alex_Paj on Should Sales Professionals Be Blogging?
- Social Marketing (@socialhelp) on Should Sales Professionals Be Blogging?