LOS ANGELES, California - Actress Demi Moore’s frequent postings on Twitter put her in the middle of a life-and-death drama Friday when a woman sent her an online message threatening suicide.
Moore, who was in southern France where her husband, actor Ashton Kutcher, is filming a movie, quickly replied to the threat saying, “Hope you are joking.”
Twitter followers who saw the message tracked it to a San Jose, California, home, where police found a 48-year-old woman. The police took her into custody for a psychological evaluation, according to a police spokesman.
About two hours after the initial exchange, Moore posted this message — known as a “tweet” — on Twitter: “Thanks everyone for reaching out to the San Jose PD i am told they are aware and no need to call anymore. I do not know this woman.”
A San Jose police spokesman said a “concerned citizen” — not Moore or Kutcher — called his department at 4:37 a.m. to report seeing the threat on Twitter.
Police went to the residence that the caller provided and found the woman unharmed but in need of help, Sgt. Ronnie Lopez said.
“We determined she did meet the criteria for a 72-hour psychological evaluation, and she was taken to a hospital for that treatment,” Lopez said.
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeJust a guy having fun with the internet. Learning ways to leverage social media to drive leads and revenue for B2B. Always looking for new ideas and engaging with other social marketers.
- Social Selling Tips: 3 Sales Lessons from The Amazing Race
- How I experienced Dreamforce #DF14
- How I do it : Bulk URL shortening for #socialmedia updates
- The Era of Social Selling Starts Now.
- It was an Epic Social Selling SalesforceLive Broadcast
- The Evolution of Social Selling
- Should Sales Professionals Be Blogging?
- Social Selling Video Series with Joanne Black.
- Everything You Want to Know About How to Create an Amazing #LinkedIn Profile
- Speaking: @Salesforce LIVE Using social connections to turn prospects into customers.
- WilliamVidoo (@WilliamVidoo) on Social Selling Tips: 3 Sales Lessons from The Amazing Race
- ShirleyBrainbir (@ShirleyBrainbir) on Social Selling Tips: 3 Sales Lessons from The Amazing Race
- Social Business (@insocialbiz) on How I experienced Dreamforce #DF14
- B2B Sales Tips (@b2bsales) on How I experienced Dreamforce #DF14
- WestbrookTekset (@WestbrookTekset) on Social Selling Tips: 3 Sales Lessons from The Amazing Race
- MineolaPixonti (@MineolaPixonti) on Social Selling Tips: 3 Sales Lessons from The Amazing Race
- @EricLMitchell on How I experienced Dreamforce #DF14
- Koka Sexton (@kokasexton) on How I experienced Dreamforce #DF14
- Khaled El Ahmad (@DigiDirJO) on Social Selling Tips: 3 Sales Lessons from The Amazing Race
- Social Marketing (@socialhelp) on How I experienced Dreamforce #DF14