LOS ANGELES, California - Actress Demi Moore’s frequent postings on Twitter put her in the middle of a life-and-death drama Friday when a woman sent her an online message threatening suicide.
Moore, who was in southern France where her husband, actor Ashton Kutcher, is filming a movie, quickly replied to the threat saying, “Hope you are joking.”
Twitter followers who saw the message tracked it to a San Jose, California, home, where police found a 48-year-old woman. The police took her into custody for a psychological evaluation, according to a police spokesman.
About two hours after the initial exchange, Moore posted this message — known as a “tweet” — on Twitter: “Thanks everyone for reaching out to the San Jose PD i am told they are aware and no need to call anymore. I do not know this woman.”
A San Jose police spokesman said a “concerned citizen” — not Moore or Kutcher — called his department at 4:37 a.m. to report seeing the threat on Twitter.
Police went to the residence that the caller provided and found the woman unharmed but in need of help, Sgt. Ronnie Lopez said.
“We determined she did meet the criteria for a 72-hour psychological evaluation, and she was taken to a hospital for that treatment,” Lopez said.
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeJust a guy having fun with the internet. Learning ways to leverage social media to drive leads and revenue for B2B. Always looking for new ideas and engaging with other social marketers.
- A collection of #SocialSelling posts for the week
- Content Marketing Posts You Should Read
- Content Marketing Food Groups
- How LinkedIn Supported my Transformation of Self
- The History of Social Selling Old vs New
- Social Selling Tips on Salesforce Live
- Social Selling Tips: 3 Sales Lessons from The Amazing Race
- How I experienced Dreamforce #DF14
- How I do it : Bulk URL shortening for #socialmedia updates
- The Era of Social Selling Starts Now.
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on How LinkedIn Supported my Transformation of Self
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on Content Marketing Posts You Should Read
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on Content Marketing Food Groups
- Social Sensi (@socialsensi) on Content Marketing Posts You Should Read
- Social Sensi (@socialsensi) on Content Marketing Food Groups
- Social Marketing (@socialhelp) on Content Marketing Food Groups
- Tony Karrer (@SocialMediaInf) on A collection of #SocialSelling posts for the week
- Mindmap (@Mindmapk) on A collection of #SocialSelling posts for the week
- B2B Sales Tips (@b2bsales) on Content Marketing Posts You Should Read
- Social Marketing (@socialhelp) on Content Marketing Posts You Should Read