I am on Twitter a lot. I’m searching, tweeting on one of my few accounts, digging through other peoples lists and reading through hundreds of profiles a week. Thankfully I get paid for it or Twitter would have been my undoing. When putting together the Corporate Social Media Reading List, one of the continuous directives in most of the links was to use a dashboard or application as a tool. The other was to invest some energy to learn a Social Media Monitoring Tool. There are many applications that help people use Twitter like CoTweet (Which I used a lot before) and TweetDeck, they all have the same basic funtionality but there are a few things about HootSuite that sold me.
- HootSuite makes sending updates across several accounts and social applications easy. From Twitter to Facebook and Foursquare to name a few. I can update one or all at the same time.
- Facebook page insights is built into HootSuite. You have to be a pro user but the layout of data is clean and it provides overall information.
- HootSuite shows Klout. This is a big one for me because I’m able to identify major influencers on specific subjects. Being able to filter updates based on Klout is a huge plus!
- Built in twitter analytics using the ow.ly shortener makes running my reports simple.
- The ability to import RSS feeds eliminated my use of another application called Twitterfeed.
- One thing I am excited for is the ability to update Salesforce Chatter which should be available soon. (maybe I’ll get a sneak peek at it.)
I’m interested to know what Twitter clients you use and why you like them so much? Maybe I’ll have to update this post if I’m pulled to another application.
- Share this:
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeJust a guy having fun with the internet. Learning ways to leverage social media to drive leads and revenue for B2B. Always looking for new ideas and engaging with other geeks.
- Complete Social Media Design Templates [infographic]
- A Week in Review – Happy Memorial Day
- The LinkedIn Meme that Went Viral
- My Favorite Tweets of the Week.
- A LinkedIn Birthday, Great Pictures and Some Awesome Tweets of the Week
- A Busy Week of Events: #S20C #MUS13 and #LISalesConnect
- An #inDay with Sheryl Sandberg and Gina Bianchini
- A Surge of Social Selling Experts
- 10 Great Posts about #LinkedIn Company Pages
- How Does Social Media Impact #B2BSales
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on My Favorite Tweets of the Week.
- @TSBGeeks on The LinkedIn Meme that Went Viral
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on A Busy Week of Events: #S20C #MUS13 and #LISalesConnect
- Koka Sexton (@kokasexton) on The LinkedIn Meme that Went Viral
- Tony Karrer (@SocialMediaInf) on A Week in Review – Happy Memorial Day
- @Kunvert on A Week in Review – Happy Memorial Day
- Marcos Facó (@MarcosFaco) on A Week in Review – Happy Memorial Day
- Khaled El Ahmad (@DigiDirJO) on A Week in Review – Happy Memorial Day
- Koka Sexton (@kokasexton) on A Week in Review – Happy Memorial Day
- @alisammeredith on 101 things to do when you have nothing to write about