One thing I have noticed over the past year is an increase in the number of people adding some variation of “Social Selling Expert” in their LinkedIn profiles or creating a website that has this highlighted. I don’t presume to think I should know who all of them are but there are a few that I’ve dug a little deeper into and found very little evidence that they are experts or have contributed much in the domain of Social Selling. So I am wondering if social selling is just being used as a buzz word or something different than my interpretation.
I thought I’d bring the question to Twitter and see if anyone had insights to this. There were many people that had comments about the rise in numbers. Do you agree with them?
What do you think?
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeJust a guy having fun with the internet. Learning ways to leverage social media to drive leads and revenue for B2B. Always looking for new ideas and engaging with other social marketers.
- Content Marketing Resources
- Highlights from LinkedIn’s GSK
- A collection of #SocialSelling posts for the week
- Content Marketing Posts You Should Read
- Content Marketing Food Groups
- How LinkedIn Supported my Transformation of Self
- The History of Social Selling Old vs New
- Social Selling Tips on Salesforce Live
- Social Selling Tips: 3 Sales Lessons from The Amazing Race
- How I experienced Dreamforce #DF14
- Redland (@RedlandsKwimbee) on Content Marketing Resources
- Nimble (@Nimble) on Content Marketing Resources
- B2B Sales Tips (@b2bsales) on Content Marketing Resources
- SeattleSkazio (@SeattleSkazio) on Highlights from LinkedIn’s GSK
- Shirley Brainbir (@ShirleyBrainbir) on Highlights from LinkedIn’s GSK
- Social Selling News (@socialselling) on Highlights from LinkedIn’s GSK
- Social Marketing (@socialhelp) on Highlights from LinkedIn’s GSK
- Khaled El Ahmad (@DigiDirJO) on Highlights from LinkedIn’s GSK
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on How LinkedIn Supported my Transformation of Self
- Alex Hall (@devseo) on Content Marketing Posts You Should Read