Most organizations currently use the traditional business set up, which gives the executive ultimate control over business operations. That means that the executive makes all the critical business decisions alone. This is a relatively good business strategy although for it to function excellently; the executive has to be exceptionally good and experienced. A much better business strategy however, is social business. Instead of the executive holding complete control over an organization, social business distributes the management and operational powers to all the organization communities. These communities include employees, employers, customers, consultants, volunteers, customers, etc. They are all collectively involved in making the critical decisions in a company and running it. This is a very beneficial business strategy especially when it comes to marketing.
Social business marketing is done through the involved communities. Instead of hiring marketing consultants to handle this crucial business aspect, the communities make all the critical decisions on it. As a participant in social business, these are the 5 crucial secrets which you should employ in social business marketing:
Determine your target audience
The marketing results which should be expected by the communities largely depend on the target audience. This target audience should comprise of the potential clients which the organization depends on. This step is very crucial since it transcendently helps in determining the most effective marketing strategies which should be used to convert the potential clients into paying ones. The target audience dictates the marketing language and the general marketing methods which should be used.
Know your metrics
The effectiveness of the general marketing campaign highly depends on the ability of the communities to correctly estimate the particular statistics of various aspects of the target audience and the general market. Some of the metrics which you should know include; the size of the market, how the target audience is scattered, how much the target audience is willing to spend, etc. The size of the target audience for example, should be helpful in estimating the marketing budget. The accuracy in your metrics dictates the effectiveness of the entire social business marketing campaign.
As much as this must be hard in marketing, it is very crucial to be transparent in your marketing. Every individual in the social business communities should be committed in disclosing even the most controversial aspects of the organization to the potential clients. The conversion of a potential client to a paying one is entirely dependent on whether he/she establishes your honesty.
Go ahead, monetize
The social business communities should not be hesitant in monetizing from the potential clients. They should lay out specific protocols on how to monetize from clients and how to handle this process. This is the main marketing stage which marketers look up to. For the social business to monetize repeatedly from a client, it should have an effective, well-organized payment and delivery plan.
Keep in contact
Once the sale has been made, it is still crucial to stay in contact with the individual clients. This should be easy for a social business since a considerably large collective group would be managing it. Most marketers make a mistake of moving on and trying to net other potential clients without paying attention to the past clients. The sales productivity is meritoriously increased if the social business stays in contact with the past clients. Such clients repeatedly rely on the organization and may refer others to it.
- Share this:
I'm Koka Sexton. Currently working at an awesome place called LinkedIn where I am developing the social marketing process. I am also a keynote speaker talking about social marketing and social selling.
About MeJust a guy having fun with the internet. Learning ways to leverage social media to drive leads and revenue for B2B. Always looking for new ideas and engaging with other geeks.
- Interview at Dreamforce with Matt Childs of Vidcaster
- Spreading the word about social marketing at LinkedIn
- LinkedIn holiday party: #CluedIn2013 Murder Mystery
- Talking LinkedIn and Social Selling at Dreamforce – SalesforceLive #DF13
- Jab Jab Jab Right Hook Book Review #JJJRH
- The Most Active People on Twitter Dreamforce Day 2 #DF13
- Top Social Media Updates from Dreamforce 2013
- Talking Social Media for Sales with Salesforce
- Great Memories from the Spredfast #SFSummit
- Meeting Gary Vaynerchuk
- atmoMedia (@atmoMedia) on Interview at Dreamforce with Matt Childs of Vidcaster
- Social Selling (@socialselling) on Interview at Dreamforce with Matt Childs of Vidcaster
- Khaled El Ahmad (@DigiDirJO) on Interview at Dreamforce with Matt Childs of Vidcaster
- Koka Sexton (@kokasexton) on Spreading the word about social marketing at LinkedIn
- Celina Guerrero (@socialtosales) on Spreading the word about social marketing at LinkedIn
- Carmon Kachel (@Carmon_Kachel) on Spreading the word about social marketing at LinkedIn
- Leilani Hitt (@Leilani_Hitt) on Spreading the word about social marketing at LinkedIn
- Tony Karrer (@SocialMediaInf) on Spreading the word about social marketing at LinkedIn
- Social Selling (@socialselling) on Spreading the word about social marketing at LinkedIn
- [in] Social Business (@insocialbiz) on Spreading the word about social marketing at LinkedIn